Saturday, January 31, 2009

¿Que ave se pone los huevos mas grande?

I´m happy to find out that at least one person is reading this while I´m away. Since last time I´ve gone horseback riding, watched a Mayan ritual, and visited a watermelon farm. I´ve also played with a few three week old puppies that are extremely adorable.
My family started to open up to me and one of the girls played spanish scrabble with me the other day. I was too lazy to explain the instructions which were in English so we played a pseudo version where you could put new words next to other letters that didn´t make words. I had the help of another girl that wanted to play in English. There is a bilingual school that many of the younger children attend.
Tonight I am going to learn some of the Mayan language and learn to make tortillas. Until next time.

4 comments:

  1. you would be too lazy to explain scrabble. methinks you should write the entirety of your posts in spanish, to give them that nice authentic vibe. entonces los de nosotros que estén leyendo pueden practicar un poco también.

    oh, and guess who.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, good to hear what youve been up to. what does that title mean? what is ave. did you participate in the mayan ritual or did you just watch it. the watermelon farm sounded cool, can you send me a watermelon if you go to another one? sounds like youre having fun and thats great to hear. can you post pictures too?

    Love,
    Jared

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like fun! I can't wait to see pictures! I'll bet you're going to get so much better at Spanish. Do us a favor and describe the beautiful weather while we're sitting over in the negatives!


    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don´t know who you are, but if you give me the first letter of your name I will guess.
    I can´t right my blog in Spanish, that is illogical, i don´t think the majority of people reading this understand it.
    Ave is a bird.
    We watched and participated in different parts of the Mayan ritual.
    Sorry I can´t send you a watermelon, but all the fruit and avocados down here are amazingly delicious. I want a banana tree in my backyard.

    ReplyDelete