Hola from Honduras. I arrived safely on Sunday and have now been with my homestay for several days. I live with an older couple but their are always many people around the house of all ages. I think they own the entire block and then different families own different houses. This is typical in this pueblo, Copan. I´ve also started Spanish lessons. We are receiving 4 hours of one-on-one tutoring for the next week.
For the classes I am taking we are reading the book Plan B and I am reading Hot, Flat, and Crowded by Thomas Friedman. Everyone is reading a separate book and giving a presentation at the end of the program. So far everyone is extremely nice and getting along, however, no one is fluent in Spanish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you had better be fluent once you get back. and continue updating, you now have at least one reader. enjoy saving the world.
ReplyDelete