Sunday, February 15, 2009

Killer Bees

Hi. I will respond to messages eventally but I never have much time. I worked with Sustainable Harvest International and Heifer International over the past week. We helped flatten land for a community to continue their bee production. We had a run in with the bees and I was the only person not stung. One girl pulled 35 stingers out of her head. We helped make signs to identify tree in an ecotourism park they´re building near the south of Honduras. Tomorrow we leave for Nicaragua and probably our first public transportation experience.

2 comments:

  1. i signed up to follow the blog a little while ago and i figured id get emails when you updated it but i havent gotten any. also i didnt understand where to find the pictures. that's good that you werent stung by the bees, how did you manage to be the only one without a sting--that would happen to you though, but it still amazes me. working with bees would make me nervous. ill bet that one girl loves the trip. i hope nicaragua is fun.

    love,
    jared

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don´t know how to set up e-mail notification.
    anyways the pictures are just on another blog.
    its http://cellcr2009.blogspot.com
    I didn´t get stung because i wrapped my raincoat around my head really fast and the bees mostly went straight for hair.

    ReplyDelete